Who Should Apply?
Leadership Newark is looking for men and women who care about the future of Newark and who want to be more active and more effective in improving the city’s future. Applicants will come from every sector, group and neighborhood in the city, but they will have much more in common. They will:
- Have important goals for the city
- Recognize the need for collaboration and partnership
- Invest time and effort in the program
Characteristics of Successful Applicants
- Commitment to play a personal leadership role in helping shape Newark’s future
- Desire to know more about the important issues facing the city, the region and the state
- Initiative to offer voluntary leadership in civic affairs
- Ability to assume progressively more responsible levels of leadership in community affairs
Candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by an employer or by someone with whom they have worked as a volunteer. Nominations can be made online, or you can call Leadership Newark at 973-350-9200 to request an application form. Deadline for application submission is June 30, 2023. The Selection Committee will review every application and notify applicants of its decision in August of 2023.
There is a modest tuition fee assessed to all participants to cover curriculum materials and other related expenses. Please contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.